Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to The Oxford Bus Company “Brand the Bus!” competition 2023-2024.
1) By entering this competition, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and instructions and agreed to be bound by them.
2) This competition is organised by The City of Oxford Motor Services Ltd (Oxford Bus Company), Cowley House, Watlington Road, Oxford OX4 6GA ("OBC").
3) To enter the competition you must complete all parts of the entry form available on the website here: Brand the Bus! entry form
a) Your contact details: your name, email address, phone number
b) Your chosen charity or good cause
c) Tell us about the organisation of your choice. (150 words max).
d) What would branding a bus mean to your organisation? (300 words max).
4) All entries must be received by Oxford Bus Company by 23:59 GMT Wednesday 8th January, 2024.
5) Any entry which is incomplete, illegible, late, incorrectly submitted or otherwise does not comply with the rules may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Oxford Bus Company.
6) By submitting your entry and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you accept that:
a) OBC will use your details to administer your prize if you are shortlisted or if you win.
7) The competition is open to any UK resident over the age of 18. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Due to the coverage and prize offered, preference will be given to charities and good causes represented locally within Oxfordshire.
8) A charity or good cause may be entered into the competition by more than one person or groups of people providing the entries have been compiled and submitted independently of each other. Multiple entries for the same charity or good cause may be accepted or rejected at the sole discretion of the Oxford Bus Company.
9) By submitting your entry and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you understand that OBC reserves the right to link to, edit and otherwise use your application and response to the competition, to create and publish compilations of the entries in announcements, marketing and promotional material, and on any social media (including the OBC Facebook page, Twitter page and OBC website).
10) All entries that meet the terms and conditions set out in this document will be displayed in the competition’s online Gallery for public review and voting.
a) Voting opens on 1st December, 2023 and all votes must be received by Oxford Bus Company by 23:59 GMT on Friday 2nd February, 2024.
11) The 10 entries that are deemed best according to the public vote will be shortlisted and examined by a panel. Prizes will be awarded to the competitors who have, in the panel’s opinion, fulfilled the brief to the highest standard.
12) The winners will be notified at the end of February 2024.
13) Each winner will be notified and invited to accept the offered prize within 7 days of being contacted. If a notified winner does not respond within 7 days of notification, another winner will be selected from the remaining entries and contacted as previously stated. Once a subsequent winner has been selected, the previous winner is no longer entitled to the prize. In the unlikely event no entries are received before the closing date, the prize will not be awarded.
14) The shortlist and winners will be announced on Oxford Bus Company social media sites (including the OBC website).
15) You are responsible for obtaining any necessary consents or permissions from:
a) any relevant owners of copyright in part of your competition entry; or
b) the charity, school or other organisation/good cause that you are representing in your competition entry.
16) To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Oxford Bus Company hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the competition or the prize. Nothing however shall exclude OBC’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
17) In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, Oxford Bus Company's decision shall be binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
18) Oxford Bus Company may withdraw or cancel the competition for any reason and at any time and may change the prize to a prize of a similar value. There is no cash alternative. OBC is under no obligation to offer refunds, but may do so at its sole discretion.
19) Oxford Bus Company reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the competition website: https://www.oxfordbus.co.uk/brand-the-bus
20) These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law.