St Giles' Fair
Monday 9th - Tuesday 10th September 2019
St Giles' Fair dates back to 1625 when it was a parish festival to celebrate the feast of the patron saint, St Giles. In the 18th century it was a toy fair, then in the early 19th century it was a general children’s fair. The funfair grew during mid and late Victorian times. This year's fair is on Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th September.
Bus routes will be distrupted from 01:00hrs on Sunday 8th September until approximately 08:30hrs on Wednesday 11th September to divert traffic away from the Fair. Click here to find out more.
Your nearest bus stops:
High Street (L2):
- city3: Rose Hill, Iffley Road and Oxford City Centre. Also serving Littlemore, Sandford-on-Thames and Oxford Science Park and Kassam Stadium.
- city4: Wood Farm, Morrell Avenue and Oxford City Centre.
- city5: Blackbird Leys, Cowley and Oxford City Centre.
- city8/9: Barton (city8), Risinghurst (city9), Headington and Oxford City Centre.
- city13/X13: Oxford City Centre, Redbridge park&ride and Abingdon.
- park&ride400: Oxford City Centre and Thornhill.
- BROOKESbusU1: Wheatley Campus via Oxford City Centre and Headington.
- BROOKESbusU5: Marston via Cowley Road and Headington.
George Street (A2):
- park&ride300: Oxford City Centre and Pear Tree Park & Ride.
- park&ride500: Oxford City Centre, Oxford Parkway, Kidlington and Woodstock.
Broad Street (Temporary Stop):
- city2: Kidlington, Summertown, Banbury Road and Oxford City Centre.
- city6: Wolvercote, Woodstock Road and Oxford City Centre.
This is a selection of stops available from destinations shown, more services are available, please see timetables here.