A fun family destination located close to the city centre. Your children will have a great time on a guided tour of the castle. Take a guided tour around the Castle and let the characters reveal their fascinating stories entrenched in the building’s 1,000 year history. There are a number of restaurants located in the Oxford Castle Quarter, perfect for lunch or dinner. The Oxford Castle is also very close to Westgate Shopping Centre.
Your nearest bus stops:
High Street (L2):
- cityX3/X13: Oxford City Centre/Rail Station, Redbridge park&ride and Abingdon.
- BROOKESbusU5: Oxford City Centre to Marston via Cowley Road and Headington.
High Street (L3):
- city3: Rose Hill, Iffley Road and Oxford City Centre. Also serving Littlemore, Sandford-on-Thames and Oxford Science Park and Kassam Stadium.
- city8/9: Barton (city8), Risinghurst (city9), Headington and Oxford City Centre.
Magdalen Street (C6):
- city2: Kidlington, Summertown, Banbury Road and Oxford City Centre.
- city6: Wolvercote, Woodstock Road and Oxford City Centre.
- park&ride300: Redbridge, Oxford City Centre and Pear Tree Park & Ride.
- park&ride400: Seacourt, Oxford City Centre and Thornhill.
- city4: Wood Farm, Morrell Avenue, Oxford City Centre, Botley, Dean Court, Cumnor and Abingdon.
- BROOKESbusU1: Harcourt Hill Campus to Wheatley Campus via Oxford City Centre and Headington.
- city5: Blackbird Leys, Cowley, Oxford City Centre and Rail Station.