A fun family destination located close to the city centre. Your children will have a great time on a guided tour of the castle. Take a guided tour around the Castle and let the characters reveal their fascinating stories entrenched in the building’s 1,000 year history. There are a number of restaurants located in the Oxford Castle Quarter, perfect for lunch or dinner. The Oxford Castle is also very close to Westgate Shopping Centre.
Oxford Castle is usually open from 10:00am-4:20pm (the last tour). To avoid disappointment, please check with the venue before travelling.
Your nearest bus stops:
High Street (L2):
- city3: Rose Hill, Iffley Road and Oxford City Centre. Also serving Littlemore, Sandford-on-Thames and Oxford Science Park and Kassam Stadium.
- city8/9: Barton (city8), Risinghurst (city9), Headington and Oxford City Centre.
- city13/X13: Oxford City Centre, Redbridge park&ride and Abingdon.
- BROOKESbusU5: Marston via Cowley Road and Headington.
Magdalen Street (C6):
- city2: Kidlington, Summertown, Banbury Road and Oxford City Centre.
- city6: Wolvercote, Woodstock Road and Oxford City Centre.
Westgate (E4 & M4):
- park&ride300: Redbridge, Oxford City Centre and Pear Tree Park & Ride.
Westgate (E5 & M3):
- park&ride400: Seacourt, Oxford City Centre and Thornhill.
Westgate (E6 & M2):
- city4: Wood Farm, Morrell Avenue, Oxford City Centre, Botley, Dean Court, Cumnor and Abingdon.
Westgate (E7 & M5):
- BROOKESbusU1: Harcourt Hill Campus to Wheatley Campus via Oxford City Centre and Headington.
Westgate (E8 & M1):
- city5: Blackbird Leys, Cowley, Oxford City Centre and Rail Station.