History is set to come to life at Oxford’s most historic site this August, as Oxford Castle Quarter hosts a free to attend Medieval Fayre – packed full of exciting activities!
From the clash of blades in the exercise yard, fire juggling by resident jester, "The Fool Monty" and Big Beynon's Blacksmithing’s live historical display, the grounds of Oxford Castle Quarter will be the setting of a myriad of events wrapped up in the history of the Middle Ages.
The Medieval Fayre at Oxford Castle Quarter will be held on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th August from 11am until 6pm.
Your nearest bus stops:
High Street (L2):
- city3: Rose Hill, Iffley Road and Oxford City Centre. Also serving Littlemore, Sandford-on-Thames and Oxford Science Park and Kassam Stadium.
- city8/9: Barton (city8), Risinghurst (city9), Headington and Oxford City Centre.
- city13/X13: Oxford City Centre, Redbridge park&ride and Abingdon.
- BROOKESbusU5: Marston via Cowley Road and Headington.
Magdalen Street (C6):
- city2: Kidlington, Summertown, Banbury Road and Oxford City Centre.
- city6: Wolvercote, Woodstock Road and Oxford City Centre.
Westgate (E4 & M4):
- park&ride300: Redbridge, Oxford City Centre and Pear Tree Park & Ride.
Westgate (E5 & M3):
- park&ride400: Seacourt, Oxford City Centre and Thornhill.
Westgate (E6 & M2):
- city4: Wood Farm, Morrell Avenue, Oxford City Centre, Botley, Dean Court, Cumnor and Abingdon.
Westgate (E7 & M5):
- BROOKESbusU1: Harcourt Hill Campus to Wheatley Campus via Oxford City Centre and Headington.
Westgate (E8 & M1):
- city5: Blackbird Leys, Cowley, Oxford City Centre and Rail Station.
This is a selection of stops available from destinations shown, more services are available, please see timetables here.