The Carfax Tower is all that remains of the 13th century St. Martin’s Church. The Church was the official city church of Oxford from 1122. In 1896, the Church was demolished to make more room for the traffic in the area. Upon climbing the 99 steps to the top, you can enjoy a beautiful view of Oxford's skyline.
Your nearest bus stops:
High Street (L2):
- city3: Rose Hill, Iffley Road and Oxford City Centre. Also serving Littlemore, Sandford-on-Thames and Oxford Science Park and Kassam Stadium.
- city4: Wood Farm, Morrell Avenue and Oxford City Centre.
- city5: Blackbird Leys, Cowley and Oxford City Centre.
- city8/9: Barton (city8), Risinghurst (city9), Headington and Oxford City Centre.
- city13/X13: Oxford City Centre, Redbridge park&ride and Abingdon.
- park&ride400: Oxford City Centre and Thornhill.
- BROOKESbusU1: Wheatley Campus via Oxford City Centre and Headington.
- BROOKESbusU5: Marston via Cowley Road and Headington.
George Street (A2):
- park&ride300: Oxford City Centre and Pear Tree Park & Ride.
- park&ride500: Oxford City Centre, Oxford Parkway, Kidlington and Woodstock.
Magdalen Street (C6):
- city2: Kidlington, Summertown, Banbury Road and Oxford City Centre.
- city6: Wolvercote, Woodstock Road and Oxford City Centre.
- park&ride400: Seacourt and Oxford City Centre
- city4: Botley, Dean Court, Cumnor and Abingdon.
- BROOKESbusU1: Harcourt Hill Campus via Oxford City Centre.
- city5: Blackbird Leys, Cowley, Oxford City Centre.