The Ashmolean Museum is the world's first university museum. Since its first building was completed in 1683, it has grown considerably and now boasts some of the finest art and archaeological collections in the world. Their world famous collections range from Egyptian mummies to contemporary art, telling human stories across cultures and across time.
Your nearest bus stops:
High Street (L2):
- city3: Rose Hill, Iffley Road and Oxford City Centre. Also serving Littlemore, Sandford-on-Thames and Oxford Science Park and Kassam Stadium.
- city4: Wood Farm, Morrell Avenue and Oxford City Centre.
- city5: Blackbird Leys, Cowley and Oxford City Centre.
- city8/9: Barton (city8), Risinghurst (city9), Headington and Oxford City Centre.
- city13/X13: Oxford City Centre, Redbridge park&ride and Abingdon.
- park&ride400: Oxford City Centre and Thornhill.
- BROOKESbusU1: Wheatley Campus via Oxford City Centre and Headington.
- BROOKESbusU5: Marston via Cowley Road and Headington.
George Street (A2):
- park&ride300: Oxford City Centre and Pear Tree Park & Ride.
- park&ride500: Oxford City Centre, Oxford Parkway, Kidlington and Woodstock.
Magdalen Street (C6):
- city2: Kidlington, Summertown, Banbury Road and Oxford City Centre.
- city6: Wolvercote, Woodstock Road and Oxford City Centre.
This is a selection of stops available from destinations shown, more services are available, please see timetables here.