Join the Oxford Bus driving squad!
Pay Rate: Trainee - £11.83 ph. PCV holder and trained to Oxford Bus Company standards - £14.78 ph. PCV Coach Driver - £15.97 ph
Do you have what it takes to become an Oxford Bus Company driver?
If you know you can deliver great customer service then you could be just who we are looking for. Local knowledge of the area would be an advantage.
We have full-time and part-time vacancies for non-licence holders, as full training will be given (and you'll be paid whilst you learn). Our depot is based on Watlington Road in Oxford.
You will start on £11.83 per hour from the first day of your training or induction period, increasing to £14.78 per hour once you are driving solo (more on weekends).
We're looking for individuals who have the following:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Friendly and smart appearance
- A car driving licence with UK driving experience
- Flexibility to work shifts
- PCV licence is not essential as we can teach you how to drive a bus
Why choose us?
- £2,000 bonus scheme for existing PCV licence holders - find out more
- Free travel on all Oxford Bus Company, Thames Travel and Carousel Buses services for you, one other adult and children under 18.
- Stable, long term employment at a competitive rate of pay
- Paid comprehensive training programme with experienced instructors
- A career where every day is different; both challenging and rewarding
- Discounts and perks at shops, cinemas and health clubs
- Professional uniform provided
- Excellent holiday entitlement with some flexible working available
- Common start and finish point for your day's work
Apply today via our online application form and we'll be in touch within two working days!
Alternatively, you can download the printable version of our application pack (available below) and completed forms should be returned to the HR Admin Office, Oxford Bus Company, Cowley House, Watlington Road, Oxford OX4 6GA or to firstname.lastname@example.org.