Last updated: 04/06/2020
We are pleased to announce that following the government advice, from Monday 1st June 2020, we increased the number of services and journeys we operate to match the new levels of demand and allow customers to effectively practice social distancing measures.
As the levels of demand increase, it is very important that our customers familiarise themselves with COVID-19 safety guidance when travelling by bus.
The situation in relation to COVID-19 is fast-moving and this may result in further timetable changes. As soon as these are confirmed, we will communicate the information to our customers here.
From Monday 1st June 2020, our bus service levels increased, following significant reductions made during the COVID-19 lockdown. In summary, services operate to the following frequencies on a daily basis with a slightly later start on Sundays and a reduced frequency in the evenings:
- city2 / Stagecoach 2 - Up to every 10 mins
- city3 / Stagecoach 3 - Up to every 15 mins
- city3A / Stagecoach 3A - Up to every 30 mins (no services on Sundays)
- city4 - Up to every 15 mins with an hourly service to and from Abingdon
- city5 / Stagecoach 1 - Up to every 7-8 mins
- city6 - Up to every 20 mins
- city6C - Sorry, no service
- city8 / Stagecoach 8 - Up to every 10 mins
- city9 / Stagecoach 9 - Up to every 30 mins
- cityX3 - Sorry, no service
- cityX13 - Up to every 15 mins between Abingdon and JR Hospital. Passengers wishing to travel between Abingdon and Oxford can also travel on the Thames Travel X2 service, which operates up to every 30 mins.
- city13 - Sorry, no service
- city35 - Up to every 30 mins
- city35A/B - Sorry, no service
- city250 - Normal service
- park&ride300 - Up to every 12 mins
- park&ride400 - Up to every 15 mins
- park&ride500 - Up to every 30 mins
- BROOKESbusU1 - A normal vacation service timetable operates. Please note that night bus NU1 services don't operate. The 2335 journey from Wheatley Campus doesn't operate on Fridays and Saturdays.
- BROOKESbusU5 - A normal vacation service timetable operates.
Oxford Brookes University's campus sites remain closed at the current time and access to campus sites is restricted for both University staff and students. As part of these changes however, BROOKESkey passes are accepted once again on U1 and U5 services from Monday 1st June.
- PickMeUp - Normal operating hours.
- Airline - Further amendments were made from 19th April 2020. More information (including the special timetable) is available below.
Thank you for your understanding at this uncertain time for us all.
Further changes to the airline service from 19th April 2020
From Sunday 19th April 2020, the airline was temporarily changed to operate a limited level service due to COVID-19 pandemic severely affecting our passenger numbers. For now, we are however continuing to operate services to Heathrow Airport in order to support key workers and those making essential journeys on our coaches.
If any other key workers believe that our reduced timetables do not meet their needs, we encourage them to contact us with the details of the journey they are trying to make, and we will do our best to help. Further details are available below.
COVID-19: What we've done to keep services running
Customer Services opening hours
From Monday 30th March, our Customer Services department is opened 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. Lost property collections are not available, however we can post items out to you. On Saturday and Sunday, customer services is closed.
Travel Shop opening hours
From Friday 10th April, our Gloucester Green Travel Shop is unfortunately also closed until further notice. This means that both of our Travel Shops are temporarily closed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key workers and those making essential journeys can still top up their key cards online. Please see the section below for details.
The key top up options
You can still top up your key card as normal via our online portal: www.oxfordkey.co.uk.
Customers unable to access the online portal can also top up their 1 week, 4 weeks, 12 trips and any 5 days products on the bus during the COVID-19 pandemic. Simply ask your driver for help when you board the bus.
We would appreciate if our customers could please try to pay with contactless card or device during this time to avoid handling cash.
Concessionary travel - helping the elderly and vulnerable passengers
Until 14th June 2020, concessionary pass holders are able to travel free of charge at all times on Oxford Bus Company and Thames Travel services in Oxfordshire thanks to support from Oxfordshire County Council. We’re hoping that this will support older and vulnerable people and help them continue to be able to access vital services during this challenging time.
Are you a key worker during the COVID-19 crisis?
Our revised times are designed to keep buses running to key hubs. If you’re a key worker and our plans don’t connect you to your critical employment location, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to help.
Special travel needs?
Do you need to arrange transport for you or your key worker colleagues? We have a team ready to help with bespoke travel requirements. Get in touch by emailing email@example.com.